You want your wedding day to be as enjoyable and stress-free as possible, but hey—stuff happens. The best thing that you can do is to prepare for difficult situations and potential emergencies ahead of time with this Bridal Emergency Kit. It’s got everything you need to handle the good, the bad, and the ugly on your big day. This Bridal Emergency Kit would also be a great gift for a maid of honour or bridesmaid to put together for a friend. Just be sure to let the bride know well in advance that you’ll be gifting her this, so she knows it’s one less thing she needs to worry about.
1. Sewing Kit
You can never tell when there will be a sewing emergency. You could find that your dress that fit so well during the final fitting is slipping as the day goes by. Having a sewing kit on hand will enable you or your helpers to add extra reinforcements to the dress if needed. It could also be your husband has lost a button on his shirt or your bridesmaid has a rip in her dress. The ever handy sewing kit is the most important item that you need in your emergency kit.
2. Safety Pins
We’re talking about the large sized safety pins, not the tiny ones but it is advisable to have a variety of sizes on hand. Safety pins are useful for instances like when you suddenly find your dress is looser than you first thought. A safety pin can help keep the dress in position. They will come in handy to pin boutonnieres and a host of other emergencies. Keep them together in your sewing kit for easy access.
3. Clear Nail Polish
These are not only for your nails. Clear nail polish has a host of uses. They can be used to fix any runs in the panty hose. They can also be used as a temporary measure to fix any chips in your nails so that you don’t accidentally scratch yourself or your clothes.
4. Super Glue
Broke a heel? Super glue to the rescue! They can also be useful for other instances where you need to glue something really fast.
5. Double Sided Tape
There are different types of double sided tapes available on the market. Here are the ones we highly recommend:
- Regular double sided tape – these are useful for things like paper and other flimsy materials.
- Foam double sided tape – these are more durable and has a stronger adhesive to be used on heavier materials.
- Double sided body tape – ever wondered how celebrities that wear really revealing clothes don’t accidentally get a boo boo in public? That’s because they are securely taped up underneath their clothes. This type of tapes are also useful to provide extra reinforcements to the self adhesive bra cups that you wear instead of a regular bra. They are also waterproof so they will stay on even when you sweat.
6. First Aid Kit & Basic Medical Supplies
All you need is a travel size first aid kit with basic supplies and a supply of common medicines like pain killers, flu medicine, cough drops, and lozenges. Tea bags like peppermint and chamomile can also be useful for people who feel like they are coming down with the flu bug. With all the stress of organizing your wedding, who knows you may be the one who needs these so keep them on hand.
7. Female Sanitary Items
You’re a woman. You can never tell if Aunt Flo may decide to drop in and join the party even though you’ve been watching your calendar like a hawk. That’s why it’s important to also have a bag for all these female emergencies. Your kit should include:
- Sanitary pads
- Panty liners
- Wet wipes
- Disposable panties or period panties
8. Makeup Bag
Your makeup artist should have your makeup done right but you should also pack a basic kit for quick fixes. These should include:
- Makeup wipes
- Eyelash glue
- Facial blotters
- Small mirror
- Eye drops or contact lens liquid
- Bobby pins
- Hair spray
Pro-tip: Saturate a beauty blender or makeup sponge with your foundation and keep it wrapped up in a damp tissue. It should be ready for you to use during emergencies.
9. Oral Care Kit
Nothing is worse than entertaining your guests and finding out you have bad breath or smiling at your guests only to realize you have food stuck in your teeth. There can be lots of reasons for this – lack of water, you haven’t spoken to anyone for hours (not likely) or you ate something that made your breath stink amongst others.
Your oral care kit must consist of:
- Tooth brush
- Dental floss
- Tooth picks
- Breath mints
10. Other Items
Other items you can include in your emergency kit are:
- Stain remover or vinegar in a spray bottle – these will come in handy when somebody accidentally spills red wine on their clothes. Also when Aunt Flo wants to make a mark on your pristine white dress.
- Lint rollers – very handy for people with pets and want to remove fur from their clothes, especially the gentlemen wearing their dark suits.
- Perfume/deodorant – running around, mingling with your guests, especially in an outdoor setting, you want to smell as fresh as possible.
- Healthy snacks – you’ll be busy most of the day and probably won’t have time for a proper meal. Have some form of healthy snacks on hand like granola bars that will fill you up and give the required calorie intake to be on your feet for the whole day.
- Insect/Mosquito repellent – if you’re having an outdoor garden themed wedding, be prepared for bugs or mosquitoes.
- Spare pantyhose or socks – have spares ready in case the ones you’re wearing get torn.
- Extra bag for cash, credit cards and IDs – you won’t have a place to keep these in your wedding dress and it’s probably not a good idea anyway if you’re going to moving around mingling with your guests. They could fall out or you put them somewhere and forget about them. Keep these in a bag in your emergency kit so that you don’t lose them.
- Powerbank and phone charger – because in this day and age, who leaves home without backup for their phones?
You’ve planned and planned for the perfect day, making sure that your vendors will arrive on time, your friends and relatives will show up and your wedding will run like clockwork. Don’t let little mishaps ruin the perfect day. An emergency kit that you can access immediately will alleviate any additional stress and allow you to enjoy your day.